Sunday, December 18, 2005

Yabba Dabba Do & (another) Disclaimer Too!

Like the title of this blog? Yeah pretty cool, I had no idea what else to write.

So it seems that my blog is evoking (I think that's the right word) some, um, "different" responses amongst people. So I need to (once again) write another disclaimer for those who read this blog:

DISCLAIMER PART II:
No I don't feel like a complete loner, and no I am not depressed and feel as if nobody cares, and I DO know that I still have friends! OK, I think that covered it all. Really ya'll (just finished reading Danielle's blog, so my "ya'lls" are strong), so anyway, ya'll, I write quirky, silly, off the top of my head things in my blog. If you are feeling extremely sad, mad, or worried when you read this blog, you are taking it too seriously. Just enjoy the quirkyness!! Or just avoid reading at all costs...

Although the good part about all of the comments is that there are a few of ya'll (hee hee) reading my blog!! Yay! Although after the disclaimer, it may be back to me myself and I again. Ah well.

So not so much has been going on. Friday night we had my parents over for dinner, and being the gourmet that I am I rustled up Little Ceasars pizza and wings. Then we hung out and watched "To Catch a Thief", where Cary Grant is just at his best and Grace Kelly is at her most stunning. Is it just me or is the dialogue in those movies just tough to follow a lot of the time? Maybe it's because back then the movie actually relied on dialogue...what a concept!! A movie with good conversation! Nevertheless, I only catch about every fifth word.

We went and picked up Deanna from the airport tonight and she is staying the night and heading up to Flagstaff tomorrow morning (at 5am - I am so going to still be sleeping at that time!) So anyway, we had a dandy 'ol time of listening to music we used to jam out to in junior high and high school, and some even before that. Do the words "What about your friends," "Step by Step", "Knockin da Boots", "Regulator", "Kriss Kross", "Shanice", "Hammer Time", or "Salt n' Peppa" mean anything to you? If you do, you know EXACTLY how nutso we were going tonight.

Ah reminiscing (sp?)

The Thinking Blot of the Blog:

So a lot of my past blog entries have had to do with my loss of memory, me being too young to be feeling so old, and then something happened that made me possibly come to my senses. I think the fact is that the reason all of these things are happening to me is not because of some weird cosmic shift, but because of the simple fact that I really AM old!!

I was at the gym blow drying my hair and found a horrific discovery. I spent the next five minutes frantically trying to pull it out.

A white hair.

That's the end of the blog. No more strength to keep writing.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah

Great blog entry. I too just finished reading Danielles blog and I too have a strong case of the Ya'lls!

I too have heard of the songs and singers you mentioned and I think I also own many of those CDs and Cassettes....yes i said it...cassettes....ahhh....good times....

I just wanted to comment...and say hello and tell ya I need to give you and Jamie a call...we have lived in the same town now for months and have not even seen each other....we have to fix that....:-)

Have a great one
Chuck

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, my kids make fun of me for the y'all thing too. *sigh* But I don't even care any more. It's a very useful word! And there are grammatical rules to go along with it.

As for the white hair... Maybe you got attacked by a White-Out bottle? No? Too much of a stretch? Thought so.

Well, I'm sure you earned it! Chad has a few, and he claims I gave them to him. It's probably true.

Have a cosmo or a good margarita. That'll get your strength up. ;-)

8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally random thought: I watched the Miss World pageant, and you look like Miss Iceland.

To me, anyway.

She won, btw.

8:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Post, girl! I am going through withdrawals!

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home