Thursday, March 09, 2006

Freaks and Geeks

Wow.

I have to tell you, on a daily basis I think that there is no way that I will see something downtown that will shock me more than I have seen the day before, and then I show up and *BAM*. Shock. On a daily basis my jaw drops and I am involuntarily laughing or shaking my head.

Allow me to expound.

OBSERVATIONS OF THE DAY:

* The scary pierced, tattooed, dread locked, belly dancers are back. Along with their cymbals and violinist. Strange you say? Yeah, no duh. (Whoa, haven't used that expression since junior high, may have to bring that one back for old times sake. "No duh".)
***TANGENT ALERT:****
Do you remember the word "Doi", or something like that. Sounds like, "Doy". The alternative for "Duh"? I totally forgot about that word! I really like that word too!! Next time somebody states the obvious just roll your eyes, exhale loudly and say: "No DOY". Hee hee. I'm bringing it back, you heard it here first!! I'm such a geek, I know. I mean, no doy, er I mean doi (sp?). Anyway.

Ok, back on track here...

* On the opposite corner of the street are two guys, dressed up as devils, dancing around and screaming at people walking by. I mean, running up to them and yelling in their face. They are even running up to cars and yelling at people driving past. I swear, if I was one of those people I would probably freak out, thinking they were trying to rob me or something. OH MY. OK so one of the devil-dudes just crossed the street and started dancing with the belly dancers. Now that is something I didn't think I would see, but I guess it's appropriate.

OK I just tried to take a picture, but they are too far away, and I would have to venture outside to get a better picture. Too scared, won't do it, sorry.

* The usual homeless people going up to the people sitting at tables outside of Starbucks, likely begging for money so they can feed their habit.

You see, this is why I sit INSIDE of Starbuck's, I avoid the scariness, at the same time maintaining a good vantage point.

2 Comments:

Blogger ~A4O~ said...

No Duh...hahaha...Bring it back....Thats great

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have disappeared. While I am in awe of your disappearing skills, I miss your mad blogging skills more. ;-)

How ya been?

3:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home