Sunday, November 05, 2006

What on EARTH is the Series 7...

Hi everyone!

So my friend Danielle sent me a message, asking me what the Series 7 exam is. Well considering I have been blabbing about it for so long now, I guess I never realized that there are probably a lot of people who have no idea what it is. Well I couldn't think of how to describe it, SO I did a search on the internet, and after looking for a few moments here's teh best explanation I could find:

"The Series 7 Exam is the common name for the General Securities Representation Exam. The Series 7 Exam covers a broad range of investments, including stocks, bonds, options, limited partnerships, and investment company products such as open-end funds. Upon passing the test, you will be granted a Series 7 / General Securities license.

A Series 7 license is required of any investment professional who communicates with retail investors. Professionals who need a Series 7 license include stock brokers, account managers, analysts, and investment bankers. Practicing without a Series 7 license may result in severe financial and other penalties."

Basically it's a gate keeper. It's is an insanely tough exam that a person who wants to enter any of the above named fields needs to pass in order to even get into those careers. It's a way for them to keep people from entering the industry.

So there it is!! Hope that helps!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhhh... I see. I didn't know about that. I was confused, I guess, about what you do. Lol. I'm so crazy.

6:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah,

I was trying to google what a series 7, 63, 6 etc. licenses are and what they are good for, how to get them etc.
Well, your page is the first one that I found out of about 30 or 40 that boils it down for the novice like me :).
Hey if you can recommend any good learning sites concerning these licenses, please let me know. I just finished an accounting degree at Chico State CA and am thinking that I would eventually like to work into financial services.

My email is csucyoga@yahoo.com
in the subject line please put Att: magnumdrew.

Thank you,

Magnum

12:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, also, i see you have no new music artists. try Kate Havnevik's album Melankton. It's on iTunes if that's your thing. She sounds a little like Bjork, a little like Imogen Heap. She's awesome and I adore her. To sample her, she's got a myspace. www.myspace.com/katehavnevik

10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recently passed the Series 7 exam. I used the books from Empire Stockbroker Training Institute and they were right on the money.

http://www.empirestockbroker.com

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home